I have eaten and become full.
I am grateful and nourished.
Man cannot survive on bread and water alone, but love is an entity of it's own.
The absence might be the death of me.
I remember the first time I heard Amy winehouse. I was on a college trip to London, sitting in the Hawley Arms pub, downing pints of Guinness and popping coins into a juke box. When her music hit me I didn’t feel like myself. I was lost somewhere distant, doing a lazy sway to the type of sound that just seemed to pulse through my veins. “Who is this?” I remember shouting, “Who is this on the radio, she’s amazing.” A man leaned over to me and said her name is Amy Winehouse, she lives around here. I remember repeating her name, Amy Winehouse. Stuck on the tip of my tongue, there was a sweetness about it, mixed with an element of tragedy, that I wouldn’t come to understand until the media storm. I downloaded her album Frank and listened to it constantly, even when I returned to the states. By the time “Rehab” hit the U.S Charts and she became a household name, I was already head over heels in love with the way that she moved me. She could take something as honest and simple as...
Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.- Emily Dickinson How do you even begin to describe a guy like Jon Kebe? He was the surprise ending to the best movie you’ve ever seen, the exotic food you tried that you never knew you couldn't live without. He was too great not to celebrate. Kebe was, and I can say this with no hesitation or pretense, The single greatest guy I’ve ever known. I never knew a person who didn’t love him, wasn’t impacted by his kindness, his warm nature and his sense of humor. He was the person who makes you feel the way you wish you made others feel. He lead by example, he loved hard, he loved everyone and made the world the place that it should be. He celebrated differences, cultures, languages and made so m...
You said the problem is that when you splash around everybody else gets wet and you don’t need to be an oracle to see our future. There are far too many casualties in your friendly fire so bright that dimming is inevitable is it comfortable to fall from grace? Is there space for heavy hand stitched wings? reckless, wild and beautiful setting flames to the scenes around you- you burn, burn burn I never knew implosion could be so eloquent If they ask what defines it? Loneliness. This is the constant of the human condition. You wanted to step out of the darkness but even you faded when you flew too close to the sun. Shhh…we’ll call it transformation.
Comments
Post a Comment